2014. szeptember 1., hétfő

A short intro

So, hey!

A few weeks ago I've decided, that I'll start blogging about my BeagleBone Black, and Linux hacking experiences and stuff. Back in January I've purchased the BeagleBone Black SBC, and started getting accommodated to the hardware as well as the Linux environment. Previously I've had experience with Linux on a PC, and microcontrollers, but it seemed like quite a challenge, and the next step in my software/hardware skill development. My main aim with the BeagleBone is to make an advanced home automation system, which can do the following:
 - Temperature monitoring
 - Light measurement
 - Lighting automation
 - Media player remote control
 - Accessible from mobile app, or web

So far I have most of the features implemented and working, but I will cover all the parts in tutorials, as most of them are not available (or hard to find) on the internet. My BeagleBone is running the Debian distro from a 4GB SD card, with peripherals on an unpowered USB hub. The board is powered by a 7.2A (a bit of an overkill) MeanWell PSU.
So, that's all for now, have a good night, and be prepared for upcoming post!


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése